This Year’s Theme Song Will Also Feature the Popular “Mr. Worldwide”. Spanish Actor Adrian Lastra and Mexican Actress Sofía Castro Join the All-Star Competition and TV Personality and Last Year’s Finalist Amara la Negra Will Be the Backstage Reporter.
Celebrities are ready to take the dance floor in the new season of “Mira Quién Baila All Stars” (Look Who’s Dancing or MQB), Univision’s megahit dance competition where top stars dance off for their favorite charities. MQB All Stars begins this Sunday at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT) on Univision.
“Mira Quién Baila All Stars” is ready to kickoff the new year with global superstar Pitbull as the first musical guest of the season. The popular “Mr. Worldwide,” who interprets the show’s theme song (“Mueve la Cintura”), will perform his popular song “3 to Tango” in a special opening number. The premiere episode will also include a visit of “Bad Boys for Life” stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.
Joining the previously announced celebrity cast are Spanish actor Adrián Lastra and Mexican actress Sofía Castro. Also, this season TV personality and last year’s finalist Amara la Negra will bring fans all the action from behind the scenes as the backstage reporter.
In this new edition of MQB the competition is fierce and in the first gala the eight celebrity contestants will face each other in a duel round. At the end, two contestants will be in danger of elimination and their fate will be decided by popular vote.
The charities celebrities will be dancing for in “Mira Quién Baila All Stars” are:
• Adrian Lastra: The popular Spanish actor will compete on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which creates life-changing wishes for children with a critical illness.
• Adriel Favela: The regional Mexican singer will dance in benefit of United We Dream, an organization dedicated to empowering undocumented youth and immigrants.
• Brea Frank: The Dominican radio host of La X 96.3 FM New York has designated Homeboy Industries, which supports formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated men and women to redirect their lives, as beneficiary of his prize.
• El Bebeto: The regional Mexican Singer and Latin GRAMMY ® nominee will support Teletón USA, which in turn supports the Children’s Rehabilitation Institute of Teletón USA (CRIT), an institution aiding children with neurological, muscular and skeletal disabilities.
• Fanny Lu: The Colombian singer will direct her winnings to St. Jude Children’s Hospital, a hospital that treats children regardless of race, religion or family’s ability to pay.
• Kiara Liz Ortega: The 2018 Miss Puerto Rico and 4th runner-up Miss Universe 2018 will donate her prize to El Trotamundos, the campaign started by actor Axel Serrant that has the mission to bring basic needs supplies to children in 15 countries.
• Kimberly Dos Ramos: The Venezuelan actress, model and singer will support the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which promotes breast cancer awareness and education, provides free screening services, and supports breast cancer patients and survivors.
• Sofía Castro: The Mexican actress will be dancing for National Multiple Sclerosis Society a non-profit organization that’s focused on making people with MS live their best lives.
In this new season, former Miss Universe and winner of MQB’s fifth season Dayanara Torres, creative director and professional dancer Casper Smart, and Mexican actress, professional dancer and singer Bianca Marroquín, will take a seat in the judging panel. The beloved dancer and choreographer Toni Costa will be the show’s first ever contestant mentor. The competition will be hosted by Chiquinquirá Delgado and Javier Poza, and Amara la Negra will be the backstage reporter.
The voting process begins after each broadcast at 10 p.m. ET and remains open for 24 hours. Fans can cast their votes at Univision.com/conecta and they have up to 10 votes per gala.
MQB All Stars is a co-production of Univision and Endemol Shine Boomdog.